Monday, April 20, 2015

Blog Post #11

Time has certainly flown by with all the ups and downs of this project. I think it's safe to say that I am one of the prime examples of someone who just didn't succeed with this 20 time. But, that is okay. I'm bummed about it, of course, but I am also happy to have been able to just have a little side project throughout the year. Well, now I'm going to step away from trashing myself on this blog post and focus on the upcoming event that I must begin preparing for...the TED TALK.

I have been contemplating many ideas, but the one that stands out the most is this stereotype involving genders. The stereotype being that most all girls are more interested in English type classes, while boys are more into math and science type classes. I'd like to disprove that idea, as well as, raise awareness that these stereotypes might just be affecting others interests. I may change my point later on, but for now I am going to stick with that idea. The topic actually is quite interesting to me and I have already written a big article about it, so I have plenty of statistics already found. That will probably be helpful in allowing me to put more focus onto my speech and just preparing myself in general.

I almost forgot. My announcement about my new idea is still somewhat happening. I have gone into Detroit twice to shoot some pictures. I got a lot of cool things to show that Detroit is indeed alive and well, so I will attach some photos for everyone to see!

Anyways things are pretty good.
Till next time,
Emma Russell

This is a picture of the inside of the Guardian Building. This was one of the places that my dad and I ventured into that day. I edited this picture a little for photo, I thought it looked cool. This building is a beautiful one and I'm in hopes the this will change your view point on idea that Detroit has no beautiful buildings.
These are two very kind men that my dad and I had encountered at the restaurant, The Fountain Bistro. This restaurant is located in the center of everything, this center's name being Campus Martius. This place always has some kind of fun event going on. There's concerts there, they build a beach in the summer, and they have an ice rink in the winter. Anyways, my dad and I were just enjoying a nice lunch when these men had came in and started jamming out. It was such a lovely thing to see and hear, this truly shows Detroit can surprise you with nice things.

The next place that we went to was the Eastern Market. This is my favorite place of all. There are so many people from all over who come to indulge in the simplest joy that comes from food. That is what people mostly sell there, aside from flowers and such. I love this place the most because here is where one can see that Detroit is not dead inside, in fact many are thriving. Just looking around here one can see that all these farmers come here because this place offers some of the most customers. I think this place is a prime example of Detroit's liveliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment