Sunday, March 8, 2015

Blog Post Number Nine

So, my project wasn't going too bad. But I have recently been feeling dissatisfied with everything that I'm doing. I readjusted my view plenty of times but there was very little passion with every turn. I can give all the excuses in the world and they can be ruled out within seconds, but that's a waste of time. So, I'm moving on and I'm going to chose a new project idea. With this one I plan to work even harder. I'm giving myself a deadline. By Friday I need to have a new idea and be working on it on Friday. I feel bad for dropping this one, like I'm giving up. But I see no point in pursuing something that I feel little love for. Some ideas that I'm considering:


  • One idea that Mr. P had expanded for me was that I do research on the stereotype that all girls take mainly English classes while boys take mostly Science and Math classes. I already have information on it because I've been working on a story about this idea for Tower (our school newspaper). I've found that at my school girls hold the higher number in all of the honors English classes and Honors Science classes except for Honors Physics. So, I've already invested time in this idea and I'm at a point where I want to more and more every time I come across a piece of information. I want to know things like why this occurs or if it's true in other places.
  • Another idea that I had was to make some kind of stop motion movie. Maybe I make one every Friday and then edit it and post it on here. My photo teacher has been always trying to get us to make stop motion movies and I think that she'd be able to give me a lot of ideas for it, as well.
  • I could raise money for the disease Cystic Fibrosis. Two of my cousins have CF and one had a double lung transplant because of it. There's organizations that my Grandma and my cousins would know about so, I 'd be able to talk to them. I don't know how I'd raise money just yet but I know that my Grandma would have good ideas. I'll have to talk to my Grandma and my cousins to see what they think about the idea and if they have any suggestions or ideas of things that I could do.
Well, I'm going to ponder on those ideas for now and see if I can come up with any others.

Till next time,
Emma Russell

1 comment:

  1. Follow your heart! You will be awesome no matter what you try.

    ReplyDelete